An Architectural Gem in the Heart of Downtown Easton
Tidewater House (previously Inn at 202 Dover) is a historic mansion built in 1874 and an integral part of the historic fabric of Easton, Maryland. Providing a luxurious travel experience just a short block from downtown shopping, art galleries, and the Avalon Theatre.
Tidewater House offers six uniquely designed guest rooms and intimate dining spaces ideal for corporate and wedding functions. Guestrooms are furnished with a combination of antique and authentic antique reproduction furniture.
Please note that Tidewater House is not pet friendly.
- TIDEWATER HOUSE RESERVATIONS
- For guest rooms, please contact the Tidewater Inn Front Desk at 410.822.1300.
- For event reservations, please contact Lauren Catterton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.822.4516.
Exclusive Services & Amenities for Tidewater House
- CONCIERGE SERVICES
- Dedicated Tidewater House staff to assist our guests during their stay with reservations, local attractions and recommendations.
TIDEWATER HOUSE | GUEST ROOMS & SUITES
The Palmetto Suite has been immaculately renovated to reflect a distinct southern style. Located on the 3rd floor of the Tidewater House, the Palmetto Suite offers a spacious layout including a king bedroom, living room with sleeper sofa and exquisite bathroom featuring a clawfoot tub, shower and two vanities. Experience an intimate getaway in the Palmetto Suite, tucked within the charming streets of downtown Easton.more
The English Suite, encompassing the entire front of the building on the second floor, is decorated with an English garden style.
- · Foyer Entrance with the bedroom to the left and sitting room to the right
- · Antique and authentic antique reproduction furniture
- · A king-sized bed faces an oversized bay window with window seat.
- · The sitting room has a desk, cable TV, high...
The French Suite, located on the first floor of the Inn, and is decorated with inspiration from a French Chateau.
- · Entrance leads to the sitting room featuring original windows framed by blue toile drapes
- · Pocket doors from the sitting room open to the bedroom
- · Provincial King sized bed and luxurious French décor in the bedroom
- · Steam shower, air jet tub and gold cherub fixtures...
The Asian Suite, located at the top of the stairs on the second floor, features exotic Asian furnishings and décor.
- · Upon entering the suite, the sitting room is to the left of a short hallway and the bedroom is to the right.
- · Asian rosewood furnishings and other oriental details
- · Bamboo King canopy bed with gas fireplace in the bedroom
- · The bathroom features the home's...
The Safari Suite, located on the second floor, is decorated with safari-inspired furnishings and fabrics.
- · Short staircase entrance into the sitting room
- · Bedroom is located to the left of the sitting room
- · Vaulted cathedral ceiling in the sitting room
- · King size bed with leather headboard
- · Gas fireplace in the bedroom
- · Steam shower, corner air jet tub and...
The Victorian Guest Room, overlooking the conservatory and garden area of the Inn, is decorated true to the Victorian Era.
- · Queen sized iron bed
- · Air jet tub and rain shower in the bathroom
- · Amenities include cable TV, high-speed internet & telephone
- · The Victorian Guest Room can be combined with The English Suite to provide a two bedroom and two bathroom suite.
TIDEWATER HOUSE | EVENTS
The Tidewater House is the perfect venue for your next intimate corporate event or wedding on the Eastern Shore. Conveniently located less than two hours from Washington DC, Baltimore, Wilmington and Philadelphia, the Tidewater House is ideal for executive retreats and intimate events.
The Tidewater Inn's experienced sales and event managers will assist in planning your next event. We invite you to select from an array of venues that can best accommodate your event needs. The Tidewater Inn offers larger event venues at our main inn located at 101 East Dover Street just a block from 202 Dover.
Contact the Tidewater Inn Sales Department for more information on events at the Tidewater House at 410.822.1300.
Tidewater House History
Through Maryland historical documents, the construction of the Inn at 202 Dover at the Tidewater can be traced back to 1874. The first documented owner of the property in Easton was John M. G. Emory, who sold the land in 1841 to Samuel B. Hopkins. In 1872, Samuel B. Hopkins transferred ownership of the property to his daughter, Ada Virginia, who sold it to William L. Hubbard in 1883 for $3,000. Robert L. Kemp purchased the home from Hubbard for $7,000 in 1908. William H. Kemp took ownership in 1918 and sold the home the following year to Charles T. Wrightson, owner of the Shannahan & Wrightson Hardware Building on Washington Street and of S. & W. Canned Foods. The historical home was known as the Wrightson House after its predominant owner for many years.
More recent owners enclosed the front porch of the building, but otherwise left the home to deteriorate. In 2005, the Inn at 202 Dover was purchased by Shelby and Rob Mitchell with intent to restore the beautiful historic home. Restoration began with the help of Historic Easton, Easton’s Historic Commission, the State of Maryland, and the Department of the Interior. Many original details remained through restoration, including the eleven-foot ceilings, plaster moldings, the hand-carved mantle and staircase, the tile foyer, and a seven-foot mahogany-framed mirror. While the common areas were intentionally preserved with the original Victorian style, the owners created new looks in each of the bedrooms featuring global themes and antique furnishings and fixtures. The gardens were originally designed by New York Landscape Architect Eileen Imber with the Victorian era style.