Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Tidewater Inn. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send cover letter and resume with the position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tidewater Inn, Attention: Human Resources, 101 East Dover Street, Easton, MD 21601.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
· Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
· Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
· Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items. Make beds and fold terry.
· Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
· Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
· Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances.
· Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
· Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties
· Alert Maint. of any items needing attention (light bulbs/loose fixtures etc)
· High School Diploma; 1 year work experience in housekeeping and hospitality industry
· Position requires the ability work days/evenings, flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and holidays).
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds with no assistance
· Speak with others using clear and professional language
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
· Ability to multitask
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Tidewater Inn, Attention: Human Resources, 101 East Dover Street, Easton, MD 21606.
HUNTERS’ TAVERN | TIDEWATER INN
It is the responsibility of the line cook to ensure that food is prepared to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef, Hunters’ Tavern and guest.
· Responsible for preparation of station before the start of each meal service. Ensure that all supplies that will be needed for service are available and ready for use.
· Prep food for service each day. This may include chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces. Depending on the needs of the kitchen, line cook may be asked to prepare items for other stations or special events.
· During meal service, the line cook is responsible for preparing the menu items requested from their specific station. This requires working with other cooks to ensure food is ready at the right time and at the proper temperature to be delivered to the guest table.
· At the end of meal service, the line cook is responsible for cleaning their station. This includes disposing of trash, cleaning utensils, pots, and pans and cleaning cooking services. Responsibilities also include taking care of leftover food, whether disposing of it, returning unused items to the correct location or storing for the next meal service.
· Assist in unloading delivery trucks and storing product in its proper location.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Complies with Hunters’ Tavern quality standards; kitchen policies and procedures; hotel policies and procedures. Adheres to Hunters’ Tavern cooking methods, recipes and portion sizes.
· Responsible for the highest level of food quality.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work station including table top, tools and equipment.
· Preparation of meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food items.
· Cooking methods to include broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing. Demonstrate good knife skills.
· Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Adhere to food safety protocols in regards to food handling and storage.
· Tracks and reports any food waste.
· Completes required tasks within assigned time frame.
· Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
· Cook only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system.
· Perform other related duties that include but are not limited to dishwashing, trash removal, deep cleaning and assisting in other projects assigned by Executive Chef.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in culinary industry.
· High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
· Position requires the ability to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to stand for an extending period of time.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds.
· Ability to multitask and perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Work independently and in a group setting.
· Must have superior communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisor