Our culinary team is growing and we are hiring a Line Cook! Situated in the historic Tidewater Inn, Hunters’ Tavern brings relaxed fine dining and impeccable service to Easton, Maryland. Offering award-winning happy hour specials, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday Brunch, Hunters’ Tavern is one of the finest Easton restaurants for any occasion.
Responsible for preparation of station before the start of each meal service. Ensure that all supplies that will be needed for service are available and ready for use.
Prep food for service each day. This may include chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces. Depending on the needs of the kitchen, line cook may be asked to prepare items for other stations or special events.
During meal service, the line cook is responsible for preparing the menu items requested from their specific station. This requires working with other cooks to ensure food is ready at the right time and at the proper temperature to be delivered to the guest table.
At the end of meal service, the line cook is responsible for cleaning their station. This includes disposing of trash, cleaning utensils, pots, and pans and cleaning cooking services. Responsibilities also include taking care of leftover food, whether disposing of it, returning unused items to the correct location or storing for the next meal service.
Assist in unloading delivery trucks and storing product in its proper location.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Complies with Hunters’ Tavern quality standards; kitchen policies and procedures; hotel policies and procedures. Adheres to Hunters’ Tavern cooking methods, recipes and portion sizes.
· Responsible for the highest level of food quality.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work station including table top, tools and equipment.
· Preparation of meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food items.
· Cooking methods to include broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing.
· Demonstrate good knife skills.
· Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Adhere to food safety protocols in regards to food handling and storage.
· Tracks and reports any food waste.
· Completes required tasks within assigned time frame.
· Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
· Cook only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system.
· Perform other related duties that include but are not limited to dishwashing, trash removal, deep cleaning and assisting in other projects assigned by Executive Chef.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in culinary industry.
· High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
· Position requires the ability to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time