The Tidewater Inn is hiring Banquet Captains to join our incredible Banquet Team. The primary focus of a Banquet Captain is to service the individual needs of the guests in banquet dining and throughout the hotel by providing excellent professional and friendly customer service. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation.
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Tidewater Inn Standards.
- Ensure pleasant and professional relationship with all customers and co-workers and see to specific needs when requested.
- Must have good communication, written and customer service skills.
- Assumes responsibility of the banquet department at all times.
- Ensures that maintenance, cleanliness, supplies and organization of all banquet storage areas are maintained.
- Inspects function areas and reports any opportunities to correct department immediately.
- In absence of F&B director and/or Chef will attend required meetings to ensure proper communication.
- Ability to give tours in absence of management team members.
- Provide support, positive direction and development to staff members.
- Knowledge of complete menu and work stations prior to function.
- Knowledge of proper table settings.
- Keeping the kitchen work areas clean at all times.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply at all times with Tidewater Inn standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Greeting and meeting all guest contacts for banquet events.
- Responsible for taking banquet equipment inventory of all equipment every 3 months.
- Other duties as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years hospitality or food service supervisory experience required. Serve Safe and TIPS training required.
If qualified and interested, please fill out an application in person at the Tidewater Inn located at 101 East Dover Street, Easton MD.
The Tidewater Inn is a charming and elegant hotel with roots that trace back to 1712. Located in the heart of downtown Easton, our year-round destination provides a picturesque setting on Maryland’s Eastern Shore for weddings, corporate functions and special events.